Data Analyst Intern RetentionPrimary Location Madrid, Date posted 01/14/2020
Job Title:Data Analyst Intern Retention
Working alongside an experienced data scientist you’ll learn business analysis and data science techniques during your internship. At the end of your internship you will have gained the knowledge and experience to move into a data analyst position.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
As a Retention Data Analyst Intern, you will draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualisation. You will learn to understand the nuances of McAfee’s B2C business and ensure that we capture, mine, and act on data related to our customers, our products, and our operational and financial performance to drive business impact. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions. You’ll work with cutting edge tools and products at the intersection of technology and business.
- Data. Prepare and build data sets for analysis from an azure data lake or assorted reporting tools. Clean and vet the data before it’s analysis by data scientists or business users. Prepare data visualizations of the completed analysis or data science projects.
- Use SQL, knowledge of tools, and/or Python skills to extract and compile data reports.
- Designs and creates data visualisation to succinctly summarise data patterns and trends.
- Supports Data Science/ Machine Learning/Data mining activities
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent and 1-2 years of experience
- Working knowledge and Experience in SQL & python
- Knowledgeable with data supporting tools
- High level of expertise in working with Excel and its features (Pivot, Vlookup, etc).
- Good communication skills and successful working effectively with local and remote teams combined
- High motivation with a desire for continuous learning, from understanding complex business and statistical processes to building out visualised reports
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern