Retention Data Strategy Business Analyst InternPrimary Location Spain, Madrid Additional Location(s) Remote Spain Date posted 04/18/2021
Job Title:Retention Data Strategy Business Analyst Intern
Role Overview:McAfee protects the digital life of millions of consumers worldwide. Keeping those customers by continuing to deliver valuable protection requires deep customer obsession, including through the use of data to better inform marketing and product decisions. You have the opportunity to join the Consumer Retention Data Strategy team as a Business Analyst Intern focusing on reporting and forecasting. This position is a unique opportunity to join a team responsible for monitoring and forecasting a significant portion of McAfee’s business and in the exploding cybersecurity industry.
We are looking for someone who enjoys numbers and making predictions who can help McAfee improve the accuracy and level of detail in monitoring business performance. If you love modeling business situations, forecasting financial metrics, and investigating complex numerical problems, then this role is for you!
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
As a Retention Data Strategy Business Analyst, a typical day might include:
- building forecast models to project future business performance,
- collaborating with finance and marketing teams to validate assumptions,
- creating new reports to drive greater business insight,
- analyzing business performance against plan, and
- developing new business metrics to improve forecasting or performance measurement.
Based out of our Madrid, Spain office, you will work cross-functionally with the marketing, finance, and analytics teams in Canada, Europe, India, and the United States.
- Analyze business metrics and forecasts to understand business performance
- Automate reporting to support business performance measurement
- Prepare reports and presentations to highlight trends in business metrics and implications for future performance
- Be a retention metric expert – know the ins and outs of the retention business metrics and what customer attributes and behaviors drive changes to the metrics
- Collaborate with marketing, finance, and other analytics teams to develop more accurate forecasts of business performance
- Identify and drive improvements to data collection and processing to support improved insights from business metrics and more accurate forecasts
- Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure / work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key
- Able to work with different business units, across multiple time zones and countries, to communicate findings and practices company-wide
- Self-starter with an inquisitive personality who constantly enjoy trying new things
- Expertise in Excel is a must
- Tableau mastery is a huge plus
- Python, SQL, or other programming experience is preferred but not required
- Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) knowledge is preferred but not required
Experience / Education
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar analytical field or similar level of work experience is required
- Must be fluent in English
Up to approximately 10%, depending on project needs.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.