Senior Data Analyst - RemotePrimary Location Spain Date posted 25-Apr-2022
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our marketing data science and business intelligence team. Data Science & Analytics team is expanding within Consumer Marketing organization, with a laser focus on building data tools, supporting experimentation, develop predictive models and extract data-driven insights to achieve our goals for a direct-to-consumer marketing organization which supports 400 million customers worldwide. With a focus on our Retention and channel paid business, this is an opportunity to work with creative business leads, who are change agents for our business practices and methodologies and affecting top line revenue.
This is a high visibility role working closely with sales, finance, and business leaders. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of digital marketing, B2C analytics, experience modelling A/B test results, understanding of LTV and defining LTV models and a passion for finding and applying real insights from data to build a business.
This is a remote position in Spain. We will only consider candidates currently in Spain and are not offering relocation assistance at this time
About the Role:
- Work with Retention Marketing specialists to form creative solutions and design experiments using deep statistical knowledge to guide marketing insights.
- Solve ad-hoc data questions from the Marketing Retention team.
- Run data analysis to support experimentation, and convert analytical findings into customer insights that power marketing strategies and programs across the end-to-end customer journey.
- Design, develop and automate data tools and dashboards that allow monitoring of metrics in a highly scalable and self-service way.
- Implement data hygiene, data standardization, and data transformation that optimizes other data processes.
- Translate business functional requirements into technical specifications for data and reporting teams and, conversely, technical approaches into easily digestible insights
- Interpret and use data science models, interpret analytical results, draw conclusions about findings, and be capable of storytelling your findings.
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- A Master's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or related quantitative fields or a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or related quantitative fields is a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a data analyst role including data mining, data transformation, and delivering relevant insights.
- 3+ years of experience in programming with SQL, Python, or R for exploring and transforming data within a relational database environment.
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny, D3.js, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in Statistical Testing (Frequentist A/B testing, Bayesian A/B testing, or Multivariate testing) and design of experiments.
- Experience in handling large datasets in big data environments using PySpark is a bonus.
- Experience working in Data bricks within a cloud environment (Azure, AWS) is a bonus.
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics.
- Passion for working in a marketing team for a B2C product and for applying data analytics to improve business results.
- Professional experience in hypothesis testing, design of experiments, data mining, data visualization, and data manipulation/transformation.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Strong business sense and strategic thinking
- Ability to build and present evidence-based stories
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key
- Self-starter with an inquisitive personality who constantly enjoys trying new things
- Curiosity! Questions should motivate you more than answers
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.