Sr. Analytics ManagerPrimary Location Canada, Toronto Additional Location(s) Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/03/2021
Job Title:Sr. Analytics Manager
Role Overview:We are looking for a Sr. analytics manager to join our growing team of data analytics experts and manage the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate has a knack for finding golden nuggets in large consumer behavior datasets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. The Sr. Analytics Manager will work closely with leaders across the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive engagement, adoption and monetization of Mcafee's consumer product offerings . They will ensure consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. They will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Drive automation and continuous process improvements for generating ongoing analysis with speed and accuracy
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise team of analysts and data scientists
- Manage and optimize processes for request intake, prioritization, resource allocation and delivery
- Examine, interpret and report results of analysis to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Become a subject matter expert in various areas of business and data to be able to act as consultant to stakeholders for finding new opportunities to drive business with data and analysis
- Foster a collaborative team environment which empowers the team, encourages open exchange of ideas and out-of-box thinking
- Deepknowledgeand practical experience of data analysis concepts and principles: predictive analytics, cohort analysis, regression, segmentation mapping, clustering etc.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development and testing, experimentation design etc.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical algorithms and concepts: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, random forest, boosting, variable selection, clustering etc.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- We’re looking for someone with at least 8 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience leading a team. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Experience with testing tools such as Adobe Test & Target, optimizely, split.io
- Experience with data reporting tools: Tableau, Microstrategy, Power BI etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- Experience working with and drawing actionable insights from online consumer behaviorial data
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.