Senior Software QA Engineer - RemotePrimary Location United Kingdom Date posted 12-Aug-2022
Role Overview:We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about Quality, has a strong interest in cyber security and software engineering, and wants to join our collaborative team as a QA Engineer to help drive the high quality of our business-critical applications and services. This role will report a QA and Operations Manager within the Content Operations, Response and Engineering (CORE) Team.
You will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define and code creative test scenarios and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
This is a remote position in the UK. We will only consider candidates currently in the UK and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role
- You will be accountable for ensuring that software releases are of high quality, deliver on all requirements, fit for purpose, and fit for use.
- Work closely with current Developers, offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and application architecture.
- Understand project demands and product objectives to create and execute test strategies.
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of QA in Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Ideally have extensive experience as an API automation tester
- You will need to be a team player who can work within Agile development teams to deliver new types of testing and test strategies to deliver improvements on the quality of all software deliverables.
- You will be expected to be involved in some manual test efforts on projects which do not have automated testing.
- Able to prioritize the areas of functionality requiring automation.
- Drive the automation objectives and strategy of the QA function
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation
- Write detailed test plans/automation test scripts
- Researching test tools, methodologies, trends, and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Comfortable working between teams as an advocate of quality who is prepared to drive process improvements in all aspects of the organization.
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects do not reoccur
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient.
- You have experience in a Software Quality Assurance role using automated testing.
- You have experience in Python, Robot framework
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP and their managed services (Preferably GCP)
- Experience working with Microservices
- Good knowledge of CI/CD tools implementation and practices
- Experience with cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field is preferable.
- Building partnerships and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product managers, and other Project Stakeholders.
- You have a keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software testing.
- Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile or Scrum
- Understanding risk-based testing or other approaches to increase efficiency.
- Anything above that gets you an enthusiastic high-five and bonus points for having experience in the computer security industry.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.