Cloud Presales EngineerPrimary Location Germany, Munich Additional Location(s) Remote Germany Date posted 09/01/2021
Job Title:Cloud Presales Engineer
Role Overview:The Senior SE is a valuable individual contributor and recognized as a trusted security expert for one or more security domains and vertical markets. As a Senior Solution Architect (SSA), you will work closely with strategic accounts in a geographic or vertical region as a subject matter expert on security architecture for the Workplace, Multi-Cloud Platforms, SOC and Industrial Control Networks. You will be required to assist the sales teams in technical presentations, aligning McAfee solutions to vertical security requirements, threat briefings, conducting security workshops, building solution designs and proposals requiring integrated architecture that address customers’ needs with McAfee and partner solutions. The SSA will partner with sales management to help develop new prospective opportunities and pipeline through solution advisory workshops, Executive Briefing Center meetings, sharing industry insights, authoring whitepapers and blogs, delivering tailored threat briefings and providing thought leadership at key events. Your approach should be consultative, solution-focused and business-led, sharing credible personal experience and best practice from previous engagements.
As a senior contributor and thought leader in the organization, you will also work in partnership with other Technology or Regional Architects in Global Pre-Sales as part of virtual teams to design integrated cyber security solutions; develop and deliver innovative, solution-focused training classes for pre-sales or partners and contribute to solution marketing engagements in your region or in Europe as necessary.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
- Perform as a security architect for strategic accounts and opportunities that require in-depth security architecture knowledge, complex use cases and multi-product solutions
- Develop security transformation plans that include maturity assessments, blueprints, proposals, and business case ROI
- Develop security architecture requirements, perform security architecture analysis, create Reference Architectures, Security Strategies, threat-modeling and risk assessment.
- Lead security architecture workshops in Sec Ops, Enterprise Data Protection, Cloud Security and Cyber Defense
- Provide Threat Briefings to customers using McAfee’s or Industry Threat Intelligence resources
- Create security architecture workshop reports and solution proposals to build customer relationship, long term journey and support the technical win
- Develop initiatives with our ATS team, Pre-Sales Managers, EMEA SE and Sales VP to drive new pipeline, upsell solutions, and lead/support displacement campaigns within their focused product areas
- Work with regional marketing to develop pipeline generation plans that may include facilitated roundtables, conference speaking engagements or technical solution-focused webinars
- Work as part of a collaborative virtual Architect team to foster solution-selling expertise across the region and globally
- Work with sales and Pre-sales to develop executive and architect engagement plans that may include Executive Briefing Center meetings, workshops, custom proofs of concept and proposals
- Should help regional sales leaders strategize on building programs for our large customers to drive multiple product adoption of our solutions.
Field Technical Enablement and Marketing
- Create and Publish Technical Training Content in your area of expertise to support Pre-Sales Global Technical Enablement program
- Share best practices through roundtables, blogs and by actively contributing to technical in-house community forums
- Create and publish reference architectures, technical solution demos, and technical white papers for internal and external audiences
- Build trust and retain relationships across PM, customer user groups and leaders.
- Support Technical Channel Enablement as an extended resource
Technical and Strategic Thought Leadership
- Give presentations at technical conferences to large audiences
- Publish blogs, podcasts and other content that promotes McAfee’s expertise and leadership in security architecture, zero trust security architecture, security operations, industrial control
- Build integration designs with McAfee and partner technologies to extend our solution capability and demonstrate innovation
- Provide feedback on product effectiveness and strategic direction in sec ops and XDR
- Good understanding of business strategy, risk, regulation, and technical constraints Influence organizational response to cyber security.
- Good understanding of security architecture models and concepts (SABSA, Zero Trust, MITRE Attack Framework, PKI, DevSecOps, IAM and PAM, …)
- Good understanding of security architecture frameworks such as NIST, CSA, CIS and how to apply them to build a solution architecture
- Good knowledge of architectural methodologies and frameworks (SABSA, TOGAF, …)
- Good understanding of compliance framework (ISO27001, PCI-DSS, GDPR, OWASP, IEC62443)
- Passionate and articulate person who can partner in a team environment and across boundaries
- Work independently to drive initiatives in a challenging and fast-moving environment
- Fluent in German and English a requirement
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.