Marketing Specialist - Asia PacificPrimary Location Australia, Sydney Date posted 04/08/2021
Job Title:Marketing Specialist - Asia Pacific
Role Overview:McAfee Australia is looking for a talented and passionate field marketing specialist who can work collaboratively with our sales teams to develop, implement and manage campaigns, activities and events that continue to lead the industry. You will report to the Head of Marketing for Asia Pacific and Japan.
Based in Sydney, you’ll also work closely with the ANZ Marketing Manager and provide support for local events, digital marketing, communications, and vendor management.
Our marketing team members are high achievers with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. Your enthusiasm and passion for marketing, particularly in the dynamic cybersercurity marketplace, will be highly regarded, and will ensure both your and McAfee’s success.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for business.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cybersecurity solutions.
We have a strong culture in McAfee. Our values bind us together:
•We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
•We Play to Win or Don’t Play
•We Innovate without Fear
•We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
•We Put the Customer at the Core
We expect every person who joins our company to help us advance these values and live and breathe them.
If these resonate with you, we’d love to chat.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
- On a daily basis, you will be working closely with team members across Asia Pacific, Japan and worldwide, as well as team members from product and solutions marketing, finance, sales and sales leaders to assist in the organization and implementation of digital and in-person marketing campaigns, activities and events, including exhibitions, seminars, tradeshows and product launches. You’ll be able to identify event goals, content & promotional activities and coordinate all associated logistics, including calendar, project timelines, budget, venue selection, sponsorship, sub-contractor negotiations, and regularly report on event progress and effectiveness once complete.
- In addition to helping deliver the best cyber events across Asia Pacific, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in executing cutting-edge programs focused on market segments/verticals and strategic customers that create strong McAfee brand awareness and demand for McAfee’s solutions. A key focus will be the implementation of these programs with measurable results in customer touchpoints, influenced pipeline, and effective distribution and execution of leads through the McAfee sales organization.
- Every activity or event we hold, and every engagement we have with a customer or prospect, provides valuable insights into the way our messages resonate in market. In order to maximise our budget and to ensure we focus our energies on the right people, you’ll hold an important role in forecasting, measuring, analysing and reporting the interactions our contacts have. This is where your planning and project management skills will come to the fore.
- On a regular basis you’ll need to proactively engage with the direct and indirect sales and business development teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities and interact with them to understand the system capabiliites at their disposal to form an holistic view of their accounts. Combining this knowledge, and your understanding of the interactions between the back-end systems tracking behaviour (i.e. Salesforce, Adobe, PowerBI) and the data they hold, you’ll be able to develop and implement a targeted strategy that supports our overarching Account Based Marketing methodology and drives deeper, more meaningful engagement with our customers.
- Your focus on operational excellence will also provide you with an opportunity to become a trusted advisor to our marketing managers in region, and help them develop and execute industry-leading joint marketing programs.
- If you’re good at writing, we would love you to help prepare internal communication and marketing updates and assist in the creation of content for newsletters, emails, websites, blogs and video too.
- Konnichiwa, G’day, Nǐ hǎo, Bonjour. McAfee is a global company. We speak many languages but we don’t expect you to know them all. English will be fine. If you are fluent in any of the Asian languages they will definitely come in handy.
- McAfee’s tagline — Together is Power’ — embodies everything we do, both internally and externally. That’s why your passion in forging strong connections between marketing, sales, finance and other key business functions will make you and McAfee a success across Asia.
- Our marketing teams fearlessly innovate. With your skills developing and localizing marketing strategies and leveraging both internal and external resources, you’ll also help them activate our worldwide go-to-market plans and push the boundaries even further.
- If you have experience implementing marketing programs, including lead generation activities, Account based Marketing, Digital & Social Marketing campaigns, reference programs, and partner marketing we want you to share your knowledge with the team too.
- Security can be complicated and the threat landscape changes fast. You will be a continuous learner who has a strong appetite for internal as well as external knowledge. It’s this knowledge, and your ability to explain seemingly complex concepts to our customers and prospects that will help them solve their real world cyber challenges.
- You will need to be a natural collaborator with an amazing attention to detail, and someone who can work both independently and with local and virtual teams to deliver successful events and campaigns.
- There will be a lot of administrative work too. If you know your way around Office 365, Salesforce and can use a calculator and a spreadsheet you will quickly gain the respect of our Asia Pacific/Japan marketing leader, who needs your skills to showcase the value your work brings to McAfee.
- Charisma and collaboration will facilitate your success in this role. You’ll also need to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter, highly organized, flexible (with a strong business acumen), and juggle numerous tasks simultaneously.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.