Snr. Solutions Architect - Consumer SecurityPrimary Location North Sydney, New South Wales Date posted 01/22/2020
Job Title:Snr. Solutions Architect - Consumer Security
Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life.
Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product's lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role
This position involves managing partnership from both a business and technical aspect. The role will manage a global project deployment ensuring milestones are met for multiple work streams across both McAfee and the Partner organizations in multiple countries – managing communications and alignment between:
This role requires depth in business and technical acumen. It requires an individual to think through innovative solutions to address challenging customer problems; Leadership to meet program objectives within the approved time frame, scope and budget. The candidate will evaluate project team progress and communicate status to management effectively.
- Manage multiple simultaneous cross functional teams and agile projects across various sites & geographical locations. (Work directly with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and IT to gather product requirements, define key tasks, track project deliverable, dependencies, and milestones throughout the complete project life-cycle).
- Track and drive project life-cycle processes, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules and project management plans, taking into account all dependencies and constraints.
- Must possess professional management skills; leadership, planning, influencing, negotiating, problem-solving, and load balancing.
- Must be able to drive process and achieve results in an ever-changing environment without direct authority.
- Manage change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
- Motivate the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives.
- Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Strong ability to manage projects within a fast-paced environment where priorities can change very quickly.
- Experience in capture program status and data by ensuring the population of the program management information system in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders.
- Obtain senior management approval for the program by presenting the program plan with its high-level costs and benefits for the organization in order to receive authorization to proceed to the next phase(s).
- You are highly motivated and comfortable to work 2-week to 6-month projects in a pressured dynamic atmosphere.
- Accumulative of experience with project life-cycles, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication for both internal and external communications.
- Have worked in multi-lingual, cross cultural work environments across geographies
- Possess Agile Project Management experience.
- Equipped with professional management skills including leadership, planning, influencing, negotiating, problem-solving and load balancing
- Experience in delivering software product solutions to OEMs, ISPs and partnerships worth over $10 Million in revenue will be an added advantage.
- Some experience in e-commerce & web domain based projects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Software Development and/or Testing will be an added advantage.
- Experience in networking and/or security domain products
- Excellent Risk and Issue Management skills. Proactively identify risks and issues and have appropriate mitigation/contingency/action plans created by the risk/issue owner.
- High passion & commitment to execute projects as per the timelines set.
- Willingness to learn new processes, propagate them and drive change management.
- Provide recommendations to streamline or make existing processes more efficient.
- normal business hours.
- Ability to measure the health of the project/s by using appropriate metrics.
- Must be proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, Vision, and PowerPoint.
- You are fluent in English with high proficiency in writing and facilitating small group communications.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.