Senior Software EngineerPrimary Location Canada Date posted 17-Nov-2022
Role Overview:Are you a Senior Software Engineer who takes ownership and has a passion for solving complex problems at scale? This is your chance to work on a next gen product: creating something from nothing with the opportunity to influence the product and design. You’ll program in Go – great if you have experience developing in Go – if not, we can train you.
You’ll be part of building the backend of the NextGen Password Manager (no UI work needed) and will work with security concepts like zero knowledge encryption, zero trust architecture, etc. You’ll design, develop, and maintain back-end services with public facing APIs in a microservices architecture. This will be a highly collaborative team working together to ensure that everyone’s input is valued.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
• Become part of a newly formed team building a new product from the ground up
• Opportunity to influence technical choices & product functionality
• Design, build, maintain a public API & back-end supporting microservices
• Provide mentorship
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Java, C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
• 2+ years of experience building cloud-based solutions
• Experience with building secure, complex systems with high performance, reliability, and scale with operational excellence
• Experience with microservices & event driven architecture
• Passionate about Agile development practices
• Good understanding of software engineering practices such as coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, automated testing, CI/CD, operations
Nice to have:
• Experience with Go
• Experience with cryptography
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with containers
• Experience building public facing APIs
• Knowledge of authentication & authorization
• Interest in security
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Bonus Program
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.