Associate Technical Support Engineer (m/f)Paderborn, Date posted 03/28/2018
With the mission of bringing together the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best-in-class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
The Associate Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides front line support to McAfee corporate
customers, utilizing personal knowledge, tools and resources within McAfee to understand
customer issues, frame the service request and provide known solutions to customers quickly in a
The position is part of our global team supporting corporate customers with McAfee’s web security products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high availability for inbound calls / Service Portal submissions
- Provide proactive and reactive assistance to all external customers
- Assess and understand the impact, severity and urgency of issues
- Understanding of and ability to ask open-ended/close-ended/probing questions
- Troubleshoot customers McAfee product issues using knowledge, tools and other internal
- Record and document all issues/activities related to customers both internal and external
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution
- Identify data requirements and assist with data collection
- Assist customers with the implementation of workarounds/solutions
- Facilitate conference calls / remote sessions to resolve product issues
- Full ownership of technical issues until resolution provided
- Set and manage expectations with customers, including regular and timely communications
- Identify and seize opportunities to teach the customer about product usability, best practices
- Ability to teach complex topics
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Be available and accessible to fellow co-workers
- Maintain a friendly, open, approachable, positive attitude
- Understand and apply active listening skills
Experience /Skill Sets Required
- Basic experience/awareness of networking fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of databases
- Basic Understanding of Web services and Security
- Basic understanding of operating systems – Windows/Mac/etc.
- Basic troubleshooting techniques
Customer and Personal Focus
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated (takes initiative)
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Must be fluent in English and German
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
McAfee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shift 1 (Germany)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.