C++ Software Development Engineer (Web Protection Engineering ) x 2Primary Location Paderborn, Date posted 05/18/2020
Job Title:C++ Software Development Engineer (Web Protection Engineering ) x 2
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will work in a team of expert engineers on Linux-based cyber security solutions allowing our enterprise customers to secure their business essential data and communication within their own networks and in the cloud.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
You will report to the engineering manager and work in a diverse team working with international colleagues, with freedom to accomplish your ideas. You will work with interesting technologies, bleeding edge networks and high availability solutions. You will work on our application and high security network device or as a main component of our cloud-based CASB and Web Security solution.
- Knowledge in C++ and one or more scripting languages. Preferred are Python, Ruby
- Shell scripting
- Systems Virtualization, software Containerization
- Software security and cyber security
- Networking and Internet network protocols on all layers
- Good understand of engineering processes, JIRA, Git or similar systems experience
- Advantage will be:
- Knowledge in cloud technologies of multiple vendors
Knowledge of cloud operations, continuous integration
Web Services experience would be a plus
- You will work independently but also enjoy being part of a small team
- You will deal with multiple teams across different locations
- Have a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Networking or Information Technology degree or equivalent
- Orientation on results
Attention to the detail
- Good spoken and written English. German knowledge will be a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:Germany, Paderborn
- Software Development Engineer - Linux Engineering, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Software Development Engineer - C++ Engineering, C++, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Software Development Engineer Engineering, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia