Cloud Platform ArchitectPrimary Location Paderborn, Date posted 08/12/2019
Job Title:Cloud Platform Architect
The Cloud Platform Architect will focus on the delivery of security controls to secure our customers’ use of the internet and web applications. You will play a key role in the build out of our high performance and reliable McAfee cloud. Within our Global Engineering organisation, McAfee Web Security filters, builds and develops our leading edge cloud infrastructure technologies in cooperation with product teams, operations as well as cloud technology and service vendors.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
Working as cloud platform architect in McAfee you will
- Design and implement hybrid cloud solutions for enterprise customers in an international environment.
- Focus on high availability, low latency and security in a multi-cloud environment.
- Provide technical consulting and advice skills to give recommendations to others on implementation design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions.
- Drive and support certification initiatives to fulfill our customers' compliance requirements.
- Build partnerships with technology vendors to accelerate delivery of our service and ensure security of our customers' business and data.
- Follow technology developments and industry trends and assess benefits of adoption in our cloud environment.
- Research and monitor security threats and assess their impact on our technology and infrastructure.
- You have a good understanding of internet data transfer concepts and technologies
- You have a solid background in networking technologies (peering, routing, BGP, DNS, firewalls, load balancers)
- Network protocols and standards like TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTP2, TLS are not new to you
- An understanding of the needs of security strategies like DDoS attack prevention will guide your technology decisions
- Programming & Scripting skills such as Go, Python, C++ are beneficial
- You understand the requirement of cost control and can support the development of cost models.
- Have experience forming relationships at various levels across organisations.
- Influencing skills are very effective at both the executive and individual contributor levels.
- Being aware of cultural differences you communicate effectively in a globally distributed organization.
- Comfortable to offer presentations, talks and demos to evangelise your approach and facilitate adoption of your proposals throughout the organization
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Germany)
Primary Location:Germany, Paderborn
- Senior Engineering Project Manager Cloud/Lab Infrastructure General, Project Management, Cloud Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Engineering, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Linux Software Engineer Engineering, Software Engineer Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia