Lead Software Quality AssurancePrimary Location Paderborn, Date posted 05/12/2020
Job Title:Lead Software Quality Assurance
Quality is why our customers stay with us and recommend us to others. We are looking for you because you have an in-depth understanding of what our customers perceive as quality and what it takes in engineering to build this experience of high-quality. To achieve this goal in our CI/CD environment you will have a focus on both, meaningful testing and constant engineering process adaptation. You will report to the Director of Engineering You always work toward the mix of progress and sustainability. The core of the product that you will work on is a web security gateway which is delivered to our customers either as a network device or as cloud service. Being in charge of our customers’ web traffic you are passionate about functional and also non-functional quality aspects like availability and serviceability. In a local team of software experts that owns the full stack of our application and cloud-based service you will be the voice of quality and lead decisions and implementation of technology and strategy to delight our customers. You will work in a diverse team working with international colleagues and with freedom to accomplish your ideas.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Master the complexity of our multi-service cloud offering and ensure a constant delivery of high-quality components. design and guide automation in our multi-team environment.
- Here you will work with the test specialists in the engineering teams develop quality assurance concepts that allow the engineering teams to maintain a high level of quality.
- Introduce modern QA methods that are suitable with deployment scenarios from appliance to cloud service negotiate the most efficient validation approaches within the team and with neighboring teams where we integrate into one solution for our customers exchange thoughts and ideas with peers in other parts of the organisation.
- Monitor the quality of our service to close the loop and provide feedback as input for our course of action in engineering report on status and trends stay in close contact with the Operations teams to build the quality aspects and strategies that are specific for a cloud service
- Stay in close contact with our Support organization and the sustenance experts to identify hot spots and improvement aspects
- You are passionate about software and service quality
- You have an ability to form relationships at multiple levels
- You are energized by addressing technical challenges Spanning high-quality component delivery, diligent integration and dependency management your work will result in the delivery of protection services
- Your passion for programming includes 3+ years of C++ and a scripting language
- Your experience with tools in engineering and testing allow you and your teams to keep an overview in the of cloud base offerings
- Your knowledge in network protocols, virtualization and cloud technologies feed into the quality assurance concepts that you apply to our product and cloud service
- You enjoy talking about your passion for software quality and provide regular reports to upper management Your creativity and abstract thinking are main success factors in designing test environments and validation concepts for integrated solutions like ours
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:Germany, Paderborn
- Software Development Engineer - Linux Engineering, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Software Development Engineer - C++ Engineering, C++, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Software Development Engineer Engineering, Software Development Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia