Linux Software EngineerPrimary Location Paderborn, Date posted 08/12/2019
Job Title:Linux Software Engineer
You will work in a team of expert engineers on Linux based cyber security solutions allowing our enterprise customers to secure their business critical data and communication.
Target work environments are Cloud, Hybrid and On-Premise.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Join and support our small team of experts responsible for applying security patches, building, packaging and maintenance of our Web products and related components
- Support Linux driven automation of build and test infrastructure
- Linux system knowledge with 3+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of one or more scripting languages. Preferred are Python, Ruby
- Good understanding of:
- networking and Internet network protocols on all layers
- systems Virtualisation, software Containerisation
- software security
- encryption and protocols
- Advantage will be:
- C/C++ knowledge
- Basic administrative knowledge of Linux IPTABLES (or similar)
- Passionate about engineering
- The ability to work independently is equally important as being part of a small team
- Be a creative and analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Hold a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Networking or Information Technology degree or equivalent
- Fluent English
- German is a plus
- Strong orientation on results
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Germany)