Senior Engineering Project Manager Cloud/Lab InfrastructurePrimary Location Paderborn, Date posted 08/13/2019
Job Title:Senior Engineering Project Manager Cloud/Lab Infrastructure
We are looking for an expert Senior Engineering Project Manager for Cloud/Lab infrastructure who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adept at turning ambiguity into action. We need someone with a hands-on approach where you drive all aspects of deployment, including requirements definition, vendor qualification, financial analysis, capacity planning, technical design discussions and documentation, testing, working with partners in data centers, deploying large scale systems, and operating and monitoring services with the expectation of high reliability and high availability. We want someone to create successful outcomes and delivery.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Plans/manages projects directly related to policies or general business operations to meet specific objectives or general goals. Has decision making authority at the project level.
- Drives all aspects of deployment, including requirements definition, vendor qualification, financial analysis, capacity planning, technical design discussions and documentation, testing, working with partners in data centers, deploying large scale systems, and operating and monitoring services with the expectation of high reliability and high availability. Identifies and refines project objectives.
- Develops solutions to problems by exercising judgment and discretion. Interprets and applies controlling business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as judged appropriate.
- Identifies tasks and research, determines dependencies, assesses costs, and identifies and assigns specific resources, and communicates expectations to team members.
- Assesses risks and identifies issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve project objectives while maintaining quality standards.
- Monitors progress against schedule and determines and takes remedial action as appropriate for successful outcomes and delivery.
- Coordinates and prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions.
- Plans and schedules work ensure the completion of intermediate milestones and overall project or program in timely manner.
- Influences or sets business unit or cross-organizational strategy.
- Understands the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined projects, applies the knowledge to deliverables, and leverages it to accelerate project completion.
- Experience in Projects related to Cloud, Lab Infrastructure and Deployments
- Manages programs of large (may be global) scope, impact and complexity through all phases of the life-cycle.
- Sets direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Exercises judgement and discretion to develops solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Recommends or sets business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as appropriate.
- Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs; assigns resources, and communicates expectations to core team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals; Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met. Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
- Experience with having an ability to form relationships at various/multiple levels. Influencing skills are very effective at both the executive and individual contributor levels
- Be able to work very well in a faster-paced, high-growth environment - have an ability to prioritize your own tasks and manage time efficiently
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Germany)