Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)Primary Location Paderborn, Date posted 08/13/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
At McAfee, you will be working with an agile software engineering team on Platform Services & Telemetry. Platform Services & Telemetry is an exciting platform to build cloud services based on shared components developed and delivered from a team in the Mcafee Paderborn office. Typical customers of McAfee are large businesses, banks and government organisations. Working within this team will provide great insight in to how software is developed and validated prior to release to millions of users across the globe.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside a very experienced software engineering team and is a great opportunity to learn and develop your skills on a software product that will ultimately ship to millions of users.
Many of our software engineers in Paderborn have progressed through the path of SDET - this has provided them with a great opportunity to become great engineers with a greater perspective for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
You will work as part of a Paderborn-based agile engineering team on a number of features for our Platform Services. The Software Developer in Test (SDET) role will involve the following:
- Designing and Writing new automated tests to validate our new product using Shell Scripts, C++, Go
- Building and configuring Docker Containers
- Implementing a Continuous Integration system (Jenkins/Groovy) to continuously validate our product prior to a release
- We have already invested well in Continuous Integration however we are always looking to develop more advanced features to allow us to deliver new versions faster
- Working with a modern toolset (Github, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, CMake) to deliver quality software in a modern way
- Developing quality plans to ensure our product is adequately tested
- Performing manual validation of the product as required
You will have the opportunity to join an exciting and energetic team in McAfee Paderborn with a strong vision for this Cloud Services that we have created.
- Work as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) within your agile team to interpret high-level requirements and technical designs and develop automated tests to cover new functionality.
- Implement tests to cover new features that will be run by our Continuous Integration system
- Troubleshoot engineering issues that may arise on our product and apply fixes where appropriate
- Participate in code reviews of other team members (this is a great opportunity to learn from very experienced software engineers)
- Have good collaboration, communication skills and flexibility to work with a global team across different time-zones.
- Passion to work in a high performing team that releases software to millions of customer endpoints worldwide
- Passion to continuously learn and grow your skills and learn from a very experienced software development team
- Knowledge of Go/C++ language and Docker is essential
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins/Groovy desirable
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Germany)