Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia Date posted 10/01/2019
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer works with a team of experts to help large corporate customers deploy McAfee's network-based security applications. The main product focus, with international responsibility, is McAfee Web Gateway. The Technical Support Engineer addresses inquiries, primarily by email but also by phone, from corporate clients all around the world, but with a focus on the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). They support these clients until their issues are resolved. The problems encountered are analyzed in advance by the customers' technical experts, and formulated as a request on a technically advanced level. The challenge is to isolate the problem, find the cause, and provide a solution.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- International technical support over the phone and remotely
- Thorough problem solving with documentation of customer issues and expectations
- Writing of articles for the knowledge base
- Preparing and presenting product and protocol related trainings within the team
- Close cooperation with the development department
- Accurate and timely disclosure of information to assist the team
- Compliance with demanding standards with regard to knowledge and professionalism
- Ongoing training in all supported McAfee products and general technologies
As a technical expert in the areas of networks and Unix/Linux operating systems, you must be able to analyze technical problems with the help of the usual tools, and solve them systematically. You are used to documenting your experience and knowledge in a meaningful way. You should also have the following qualities:
- Training as an IT specialist for system integration/application development with professional experience or college degree in information and communication technology, or a comparable Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Considerable experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of web & routing protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP(2)/HTTPS, SSL, Firewalls, and VPNs
- Experience in using network analysis and troubleshooting tools
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.