Business AnalystPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 01/04/2019
Job Title: Business Analyst
Finance Business Analyst requires proficiency and working knowledge of finance, accounting and business analysis. Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting and/or prolonged course of study in a business or job related field. Related practical experience is preferred. Consistently utilizes and applies financial, accounting, business and risk management strategies and concepts. Autonomously evaluates and analyzes financial information and business trends to develop reconciliations, variance explanations, risk assessments, and solutions. Provides financial advice, counseling, and recommendation that significantly influences the decision-making process and direction of varying levels of business leaders including project leads, managers, operational business groups and factories. Independently develops financial budgets, plans, forecasts to further the development and achievement of business objectives. Evaluates cost and return on financial and investment decisions. Independently evaluates accounting and reporting and recommends solutions to ensure the integrity of external and internal reporting. Inadequacies in performance and erroneous decisions can lead to inefficient use of resources and loss of business. Plans, performs and schedules own work with general management direction. Assignments are delivered in the form of overall goals and expected results.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Provide business consulting, modeling and analytical decision support to McAfee Executives and Management Team and facilitate data driven decisions
- Produce periodic performance reports and facilitate business reviews with necessary analysis - tracking, analyzing & reporting McAfee’s Business Operations
- Work closely with the BU heads in the development and support of their annual revenue, expense and headcount plans
- Establish business metrics, determine targets, monitor performance indicators, highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected variance
- Actively support ad hoc analyses for sales teams to understand important trends in their key corridors in terms of customers, segments and products
- Manage data and analysis requests from start to finish, including gathering data requirements, pulling and validating data, analyzing data, building statistical models, visualizing results, synthesizing insights and presenting results.
- 5+ years’ experience in an analytics role or equivalent; management experience preferred
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related discipline from a reputed institute and/or an MBA from a reputed institute.
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation and project management skills
- Technical capabilities: Proficient in SQL, Excel and SAS tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time, with short deadlines
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team
- Extensive experience drilling into databases to uncover information
- Knowledge of data science principles, and statistical languages a plus
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (e.g., IT, product management, implementation, legal, finance and marketing).
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HQD1 - US - Plano TX
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.