Business Development Representative (Entry Level Sales)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 02/13/2020
Job Title:Business Development Representative (Entry Level Sales)
US, Texas, Plano
The inside sales organization at McAfee is the fastest growing part of our sales force and is acknowledged as the proving ground for the top sales talent in the company, having promoted over 40% of their team last year, while the average rep exceeded their quota! Our team is in a high growth mode and seeking results driven, self-starters with a consultative sales nature and belief and who truly want to enable the growth of their sales career in one hottest market sectors – security software. McAfee is the world’s most successful pure-play security company. Come check us out!
The BDR (business development representative) will partner with sales and marketing to drive phone-based lead generation, appointment setting, lead qualification and sales support to the Commercial Inside Sales team. This position requires heavy outbound prospecting, phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Inside Sales Reps to generate new clients and maintain the existing customer base.
The BDR will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all McAfee product features/functions and have experience calling into large enterprises.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- Own lead management and prospecting activities
- Meet or exceed opportunity/ appointment quota through phone & email prospecting & lead qualification
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including calling guides, audience segmentation and approach
- Qualify interested candidates and arrange sales appointments
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using SalesForce.com (including calls, prospect pipeline, account notes, etc.)
- Quickly learn the technical aspects of the product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQ's
- Proactively manage your schedule, leads pipeline, and campaigns in order to meet milestones and quarterly objectives
- Collaborate successfully with Inside Sales, Marketing, and Sales Engineering to optimize team selling productivity
- Provide value added market intelligence to the Corporate & Product Marketing teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver above expectation results in driving pipeline revenue opportunities for enterprise software level deals
- Demonstrated ability to conduct extensive cold calls, email campaigns, and navigate org charts
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Creative tactics to reach the executive management of enterprise IT
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills
- Strong skills in data analysis & sales tools use
- Ability to share best practices, continually improve processes and messaging, and provide clear and consistent reporting to Executive Management
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- Prefer someone with previous sales or telephone prospecting experience
- Working with SaaS or Cloud based solutions is a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Recent College Graduate