Business Development RepresentativePrimary Location US, Texas, Plano Additional Location(s) US, Illinois, Chicago Date posted 05/03/2021
Job Title:Business Development Representative
Role Overview:Role Overview
McAfee is looking for a dynamic and passionate strategic sales professional to prospect and develop leads on the Commercial sales team. As a Business Development Rep, you will cultivate account relationships, developing interest in our products, and working with our sales account managers. This is team is part of McAfee's long-term investment to grow new business, growth and gain market share. You will report to our Global Inside Sales leader.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
You have previous account acquisition expertise selling software and services related products. You have a 'hunter' mentality and will adapt your plans as the market shifts. Experience prospecting, making high-volume calls daily and selling the value of security. You are a creative, understanding that one size does not fit all and adapt to the customer on the other end. Ultimately you love to sell and win!
- Previous sales or telephone prospecting experience
- Thrive in a dynamic sales organization
- Detail focused and ability to maintain CRM
- Effective Communicator: ability to make complex issues easy to understand
- Previous experience working with SaaS or Cloud-based solutions
- About the role:
- The BDR (business development representative) will partner with sales and marketing to create phone-based lead generation, appointment setting, lead qualification and sales support to the Commercial Inside Sales team.
- Manage lead management and prospecting activities
- Conduct cold calls, email campaigns, and navigate organizational charts
- Creative tactics to reach the executive management of enterprise IT
- Meet opportunity/ appointment quota through phone and email prospecting and lead qualification
- Develop and work on a prospecting plan of engagement, including calling guides, audience segmentation and approach
- Qualify interested candidates and arrange sales appointments
- Track all relevant qualification and support management activity using SalesForce.com (including calls, prospect pipeline, account notes)
- Quickly learn the technical aspects of the product, communicate the value proposition and react to objections, engaging questions and other FAQ's
- Manage your schedule, lead pipeline, and campaigns to meet milestones and quarterly goals
- Work with Inside Sales, Marketing, and Sales Engineering to increase team selling productivity
- Provide value added market intelligence to the Corporate & Product Marketing teams
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.