Cloud Operations Engineer (FedRAMP)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 01/14/2020
Job Title:Cloud Operations Engineer (FedRAMP)
US, Texas, Plano
The McAfee Enterprise Products group is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Cloud Operations Engineer to support our FedRAMP Enterprise product lines.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Job:
- As a member of the FedRAMP Cloud Operations team, you will support the ongoing operational activities (Deployment, monitoring, reporting, patching, compliance) for our Public Sector cloud hosted solutions.
- Day to day responsibilities will include ensuring that our solutions are resilient, available, healthy, and performing well.
- This role will be focused on operational excellence and will work to continuously improve the overall customer solution experience.
- You have experience supporting large scale commercial or FedRAMP production cloud environment.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security.
- Experience with scripting, including PowerShell scripts and Python.
- You have a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB/ALB, IAM, KMS, EC2, AWS Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation. Preferably AWS experience in both commercial and GovCloud Regions.
- Your networking experience includes OSI network layers and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Federal IT and Cloud security policies, including FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53.
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining operational and security procedures and processes (Patching, Product Updates, etc.).
- Experience with integration of tools and software for use in operating FedRAMP cloud environments (i.e. AWS GovCloud).
- Experience with the deployment and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud-based environment.
- You have experience in in both Linux and Windows system administration.
- Experience using modern cloud monitoring and alerting tools (Cloudwatch, Grafana, Alerta, Prometheus).
- You have extensive experience working with container technologies, deployment and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cluster API).
- You are skilled in CI/CD pipeline creation and deployment of infrastructure as code in AWS using Terraform.
- Your broad range of experience includes using configuration management and CI/CD Tools (i.e. Chef, Team City, Ansible Tower).
- You are a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a high-level security clearance.
- Cloud Operations is 24 x 7 and is considered a business-critical function which requires flexibility by the candidate to meet business needs and may involve shift rotation (First, Second or Third).
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.