Cloud Operations Engineer (FedRAMP)Primary Location US, Texas, Plano Date posted 06/09/2021
Job Title:Cloud Operations Engineer (FedRAMP)
Role Overview:The McAfee Enterprise Products group is looking for a dynamic, Cloud Operations Engineer to support our FedRAMP Enterprise products.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work towards a common goal of shaping our future by building the best scalable security products for customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized system software solutions with high reliability.
About the Role:
- As a member of the FedRAMP Cloud Operations team, you will support the ongoing operational activities (Deployment, monitoring, reporting, patching, or compliance) for our Public Sector cloud hosted solutions.
- You will ensure that our solutions are, available, healthy, and performing well.
- You will be focused on operational excellence and will improve the customer solution experience.
- You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
- You have experience supporting large-scale commercial or FedRAMP production cloud environment.
- Knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security.
- Experience with scripting, including PowerShell scripts and Python.
- You have a understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB/ALB, IAM, KMS, EC2, AWS Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation. Preferably AWS experience in both commercial and GovCloud Regions.
- Your networking experience includes OSI network layers and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Federal IT and Cloud security policies, including FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53.
- Experience developing and documenting operational and security procedures (Patching, Product Updates, etc.)
- Experience with integration of tools and software for use in operating FedRAMP cloud environments (i.e. AWS GovCloud).
- Experience with the deployment and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud-based environment.
- You have experience in in both Linux and Windows system administration.
- Experience using modern cloud alerting tools (Cloudwatch, Grafana, Alerta, Prometheus).
- You have experience working with container technologies, deployment and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cluster API).
- You are in CI/CD pipeline creation and deployment of infrastructure as code in AWS using Terraform.
- Your broad range of experience includes using configuration management and CI/CD Tools (i.e. Chef, Team City, Ansible Tower).
- You are a US Citizen and can obtain a high-level security clearance.
- Cloud Operations is 24 x 7 and is considered a business-critical function which requires by you to meet needs and may involve shift rotation (First, Second or Third).
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.