Consumer Revenue Accounting DirectorPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 01/07/2019
Job Title: Consumer Revenue Accounting Director
Location: Plano, TX
This Consumer Revenue Director position plays a critical role in accounting and reporting consumer-based revenue, while doing so in a global environment and with a highly-recognized household, name-brand company.
The primary focus for this position will be to demonstrate full ownership of our OEM and consumer business, which has gross revenues greater than $1 billion. This role will also be involved with accounting for our various contra revenue, COGS and marketing activities that promote consumer revenue. This role will evolve over time with growth and critical acquisitions. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, and controls. Working for a fast-moving, private-equity owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily. This role is based in Plano, Texas and reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Directing the North America Consumer Revenue team members and serve as a key member of the global revenue team
- Working with multiple teams across the organization (marketing, legal, sales, sales finance, FP&A, Deal Desk, support, accounts payable, close and reporting) to assist with deal negotiations and to communicate revenue or contra revenue recognition due to contract terms
- Partnering with FP&A team to help with forecast and planning related to OEM and consumer business
- Reviewing contracts and individual sales transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606 and other applicable Software Revenue Recognition, as well as the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Assisting in preparation of technical accounting memos on significant transactions
- Reviewing and approving journal entries and applicable general ledger account reconciliations
- Communicating in a professional, precise and clear manner (both written and verbal).
- Working with both internal and external auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Identifying areas of improvement in policies, procedures and operating methods
- Working with IT team to test system changes and rollout new automation, as applicable
- Driving the implementation of solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies
- Manage the SOX process ownership and implementing improvements in existing control environment; responsible for leading change and change management
- Willing and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to do what it takes to complete a task
- Integration of key acquisitions to internal systems with strong controls over data integrity
- Completing special projects, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10 + years of Big 4 or 2nd Tier public audit, or Corporate Accounting experience
- Experience with software clients and/or industry experience with software revenue recognition preferred
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical accounting and strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Excellent Excel experience; must be able to manipulate large amounts of data
- ERP experience preference towards SAP and Hyperion.
- Ability to prioritize task and meet strict reporting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal / external relationships.
- CPA required, Software Revenue experience preferred
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.