Data Analyst InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 12/17/2019
Job Title:Data Analyst Intern
US, Texas, Plano
The Data Analyst Intern will be based in Plano, TX for the summer working on helping the data analysts with creating visualization dashboards which will be reported to the c-level executives. This intern will learn to create the dashboards, hands-on experience with mobile cloud data, write SQL queries and present their findings frequently to the team. The internship will start May 26th 2020 and end August 14th 2020.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
The Data Analyst Intern will be working in the Consumer Products business unit and will be reporting to a Senior Product Manager in the Plano, TX office. This team members are based in Plano, TX, Santa Clara, CA and India with 6 product team members located in Plano, TX. The Consumer Products team reviews the McAfee Security mobile apps data, conduct data visualization to understand trends and create data reports summarizing these trends to our c-level executives. The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the team to help write complex SQL queries to extract data.
- Analyzing McAfee Security mobile cloud data
- Supporting data analysis and reporting request
- Building Tableau Dashboard based on the requirements.
- Do data quality and data analysis using notebook.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Assisting with data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree program related to Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science
- Graduating AFTER August 2020
- Taken/taking classes in machine learning, data sciences, data visualization, big data, business intelligence or related
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of data analysis, big data and advance SQL queries
- Technical skills in using Python, Microsoft Azure, PySpark, Hadoop, SQL, PySQL or Tableau
- Ability to use your technical background to work on SQL queries and big data
- Class project experience in analyzing data and data visualization is highly preferred
- Ability to handle large data sets and rational databases is preferred
- Strong presentation skills to report about data summaries to members of the team regularly
- Passionate about networking, being resourceful and being able to gather data from team members, possibly globally.
- Be able to commute to our Plano, TX office. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern