Director, Global Operations, Pre-SalesPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Virtual US and Canada Date posted 01/02/2019
Director of Global Pre-Sales Operations
Candidate should be based in either North America or Europe, with a preference for Plano, TX
The McAfee Pre-Sales organization is a central part of our go-to market strategy globally, with approximately 500 Pre-Sales professionals around the globe. The Pre-Sales organization provides technical enablement to our customers, sales organization and channel partners globally. The role reports directly to the Vice President, Worldwide Pre-Sales, and is a member of the Worldwide Pre-Sales management team, together with the five theatre leads.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
The role is responsible for supporting the Worldwide Pre-Sales organization with industry leading, world class processes, tools and development, such that it is most effective at achieving the technical win for its solutions and the development of its team members. Key areas of focus are summarized as follows:
- People Development – Processes, tools and training to support all aspects of professional development (technical and non-technical skills) of Pre-Sales people from intern to VP, from onboarding through to the day they transfer to another role in the company.
- Demo / PoC Development – All aspects that enable the effective and repeatable visualization of our products and solutions, to our customers and partners, to enable the technical win.
- Knowledge Management – Processes, tools and forums that support the timely, accurate and effective sharing of Pre-Sales related information.
- Lead Development – Initiatives and underpinning processes to facilitate Pre-Sales assisting marketing and sales in generating net new leads.
- Recognition – Processes and programs that effectively recognize and reference exceptional conduct and performance of Pre-Sales professionals.
- Supporting Processes – Processes and tools that enable effective management of McAfee pre-sales every day.
Candidates will have specific experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience of managing and leading Pre-Sales and/or professional services teams, with a track-record in proactively devising and implementing Pre-Sales programs and enablement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience of managing and rolling-out one or more large / complex multi-national projects for improved development and/or effectiveness of Pre-Sales.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with a proven track record in influencing key stakeholders to ensure success.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple countries / cultures.
- Strong commercial and sales experience within the IT sector, with a thorough understanding of the sales cycle.
- Self-motivated and passionate about technology, business and people. Demonstrated personal experience in complex consultative solution and value selling.
- Experience of the security industry is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Ideally degree qualified with MBA or equivalent business experience being an advantage.
- Fluency in English required with fluency in other languages seen as benefit
- Candidate should be based in either North America or Europe, with a preference for Plano, TX
Candidates for the position will need to possess the following key traits:
- Operational Excellence – Highly organized, disciplined and systemic thinker, that is highly effective at driving operational excellence, leading to positive business outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Leadership – A self-starter with enormous energy and initiative, coming with net-new ideas and perspectives, taking ownership and driving related outcomes in a timely manner. Capable of managing direct, matrix and project teams.
- Collaboration – Open friendly style, capable of facilitating and influencing across many functions and levels, to effectively bring people together to solve problems and create deliverables. System smart, knows how to get things done.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.