Director, Internal AuditPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 04/09/2019
Job Title: Director, Internal Audit
This position will lead a global team focused on operational, financial, and integrated audits to evaluate manual and automated internal controls; identify areas of non-compliance; identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies, and operational issues in an international environment for a highly-recognized household, name brand company. Having separated from Intel in Q1 2017, McAfee is continuing to evolve its internal audit function.
The primary focus for this position will be to identify the organization’s strategic, operational, financial and compliance risk areas and provide internal audit services to help senior and operations management effectively manage those risks, as well as safeguard company assets. The internal audit team will work closely with many constituents across Finance, IT, other corporate functions, and within the Enterprise & Consumer Business Units to identify control improvement opportunities, present recommendations to leaders, and to ensure appropriate internal controls over financial reporting. This team also will serve as a key liaison to our independent auditors.
This role will lead both domestic and international resources and will evolve over time. We are seeking an innovative problem solver and collaborative leader with a strong mind for controls, financials, and technology. Working for a fast-moving, private equity-owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily.
This role is based in Plano, Texas and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Improve or develop policies and procedures used to guide and direct the Internal Audit Department.
- Create and implement an internal audit process to prepare a comprehensive company-wide risk assessment, identifying critical control and operational risks; create an annual audit plan to address the top risks from the risk assessment.
- Develop objectives, plans, and scope necessary to ensure adequate internal controls over financial reporting, as well as operational/channel partner audits.
- Assess internal controls and identify opportunities for control improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Organize and supervise a team of controls-oriented resources to ensure adequately document processes and controls, as well as complete monitoring and testing procedures where needed.
- Direct and perform sensitive investigations that result in significant improvements in company operations, gaining both efficiency and stronger controls.
- Identify controls improvement opportunities and confer with management and process owners to drive improvement.
- Work closely with management to assess and develop internal controls necessary to support IPO readiness.
- Maintain deadlines while working with the external auditors related to the financial statement audit and controls reviews.
- Identify areas of improvement in policies, procedures and operating methods.
- Complete special projects, as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
*10+ years of experience with internal audit and/or public accounting with a global company; technology industry preferred.
* Experience leading resources across a diverse international geography.
* Superb interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal/external relationships.
* Demonstrates proficiency in accounting, financial systems and strong business acumen.
* Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict reporting deadlines.
* Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
* Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
* Ability to build consensus amongst various stakeholders with competing priorities
* Effective change management skills
* Availability for occasional international travel.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HQD1 - US - Plano TX
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.