Director, International TaxPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 01/06/2020
Job Title:Director, International Tax
US, Texas, Plano
The Director, International tax will have oversight and responsibility over the International tax function for McAfee and report to the Vice President, Tax & Treasury. This is a highly visible role and will be a key member of the tax leadership team, driving goals that facilitate company tax strategies and policies. This position leads and directs foreign income tax planning, foreign tax compliance, and foreign tax provision, as well as provides critical tax advice to optimize business decisions and/or mitigate risk. The incumbent will lead a team of global professionals while leveraging the broader tax organization as required.
This is an exciting time to be part of the McAfee team - we are the leading company in the cyber security solutions arena and continue to grow.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Responsible for M&A as well as international tax planning inlcuding maintaining and montoring the Company’s overall tax structure.
- Direct the international tax compliance related to US income tax requirements including calculations of GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Subpart F, etc. as well as foreign tax credit matters.
- Manage the offshore tax teams on local country planning, tax compliance, tax audits and other foreign tax or statutory related matters.
- Support the tax accounting provision process for international operations on a quarterly basis, including partnering with the tax accounting team on financial statement and footnote disclosure items.
- Oversee McAfee’s transfer pricing strategies and policy, including maintenance and compliance of the policy and satisfying local documentation requirements.
- Drive process improvements throughout the tax function to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Manage SOX processes and documentation related to international tax matters.
- Actively monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and effectively communicate strategities to maximize benefit and/or mitigate risk to the business.
- Ensure efficient cash repatriation and funding in collaboration with Treasury.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to business and operational teams on direct and indirect taxes.
- Collaborate with the federal and state tax teams as well as the overall finance and business teams.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, self-directive and assertive.
- Previous management experience of direct or indirect reports required.
- Strong technical knowledge of US International taxation, M&A, transfer pricing.
- Demonstrates executive presence and intellectual capability.
- Leadership skills, business acumen and strategic agility.
- Ability to work and communicate with operational and corporate finance personnel and influence decision-making at all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop strong productive relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage complex issues and relationships.
- Experience working on complex projects and amongst geographically diverse teams.
- ASC 740 accounting and tax rate forecasting experience highly desired.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.