Global Alliance DirectorPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 09/09/2019
Job Title:Global Alliance Director
US, Texas, Plano
The primary role of the Global Alliance Director is to provide oversight and drive strategic alignment between McAfee and the GSP's businesses. This role is responsible for collaborating with partners and McAfee stakeholders to develop, maintain and execute joint global business plans with defined key performance indicators. The multi-year plan will set the strategy, investments, and actions that will drive revenue growth for McAfee Enterprise products and services that are sold through and integrated with Service Provider delivered solutions and services.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience nurturing, developing and expanding partnerships with Global and Regional IT Service/Solution providers. Experience at a global and regional level within the security industry is preferred.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Build and drive a joint strategy and business plan for assigned Global GSP Partner (s) that includes clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors. Quarterly reviews of the plan with milestone metrics and progress tracking
- Establish and execute sales and technical governance models to maintain leadership input and alignment
- Lead the discovery and development of joint solution and service offerings to drive incremental growth for the Alliance
- Build sales and delivery enablement plans
- Build and manage sales and marketing programs
- Build and manage sales pipeline to deliver accurate forecasting
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationship with McAfee field channel and sales organizations
- Be key source of insight into Partner landscape / strategy / news
- Serve as evangelist for Partner alliance within McAfee
- Continuously qualify the landscape of each major competitor’s relationship with assigned Partners and develop plan to increase McAfee share of wallet over time.
- You have experience in sales, business development, or alliance management roles in enterprise IT or security technology vendors, managed service providers, or system integrators
- Experience working with service organizations, including solid understanding of IT services taxonomy
- Able to overcome field sale challenges and evangelize the alliance value at all levels
- Comfortable developing executive-level sponsors around the partnerships
- Excellent cross-cultural teaming & collaboration skills with the aim of adding value around the partnership and being well accepted in cross functional organizations (internally and within the partners)
- Strong project and program management skills including design and execution on global or regional business plans
- Understanding of market issues and trends impacting the Security technology and services industries
- A self-starter needing minimal management oversight to perform day to day responsibilities
- Assertive – strong negotiation skills to work with McAfee sales and Partner peers
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from partners, customers, sales, functional and technical management
Personal Traits for success in this role:
- Highly analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving
- Organized and detail-oriented, comfortable balancing multiple competing projects in parallel
- Charismatic and comfortable forging internal and external relationships quickly
- Executive presence, comfortable with senior business leaders and partner executives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong result / goal-orientation
- Team player able to operate in matrix environments
- High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, motivated, change agent attitude
- Adaptable and flexible operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)