Information Security Communications Intern (Mar to Dec)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 08/27/2019
Job Title:Information Security Communications Intern (Mar to Dec)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee is currently hiring a Information Security Communications Intern to start in March and tentatively end the internship in December 2020. This intern will be showcasing internal communication about security awareness creatively and artistically to be shared or displayed within McAfee. Also work on security awareness campaigns. This position is based in Plano, TX.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
Start: Spring 2020
Ends: Tentative through end of 2020
About the role:
As an Information Security Communications Intern, you will be part of the Information Security Governance and Assurance organization within the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO). This position has the objective of supporting the Security Awareness and Education Program Manager in order to ensure McAfee’s workforce are trained, educated and aware of cyber security threats and best practices. This is based in Plano, TX.
- Researching and updating our Microsoft SharePoint site with relevant security awareness information
- Communicating security awareness initiatives through several media outlets such as Yammer, newsletters, graphic campaigns
- Drafting security communications to be sent to the internal workforce on planned cybersecurity topics and events
- Supporting in the required security eLearning training updates
- Project managing and launching awareness campaigns and events around the globe
- Collaborating and communicating with various Business Units and the wider OCISO organization to ensure security awareness objectives are being met
- Other duties assigned by Security Awareness and Training Program Manager as appropriate
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Fine Arts or similar with a 3.0 GPA or better
- Should be graduating AFTER December 2020.
- Skilled in Adobe Illustrator, Creative Cloud and graphic design is a plus
- Working knowledge or experience of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience or comfortable with presenting information
- Ability to write professional communications that will go out to the employee population
- Ability to think outside of the box, must be a creative thinker and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A willingness to learn about cybersecurity
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Living within a commutable distance to Plano, TX is required for this position for the entire internship
- Ability to work part time in March, full time in Summer and part time in Fall.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)