Information Security Engineering Intern (Spring 2021)Primary Location US, Texas, Plano Date posted 01/10/2021
Job Title:Information Security Engineering Intern (Spring 2021)
US, Texas, Plano
Role Overview:Information Security Engineering is the engine that drives the Security Operations of the McAfee Enterprise. We are responsible for the management, implementation, and availability of all McAfee and third-party security tools within the global McAfee environment. Our global team supports the entire enterprise of McAfee and the critical Security Operations Center services. The spring internship starts early February to the end of May, part time (20 hours) and prefer local. Will be working remotely due to COVID-19.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
The Information Security Engineering Internship is a 12-week assignment where you will undertake challenging projects designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skill-set and interest. Intern projects are unique to the specific business need, but responsibilities may include:
- Implementing new security tools and technologies
- Learning how to navigate the operations of global technology company
- Developing and implementing process improvements
- Monitoring infrastructure capacity and reporting on availability
- Analyzing data between disparate data sets
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity or similar with a 3.0 GPA
- Must be graduating After August 2021
- Understanding of basic network, server, application components
- Classes taken related to cybersecurity to understand cybersecurity terms
- Working knowledge of security tools and technologies
- Classroom experience in analyzing data with advance skills in MS Excel
- Willingness to work independently, ask questions, follow instructions, and report on status of assigned projects
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Highly preferred experience working in a security operations center (SOC), InfoSec teams or in ServiceNow
- Must be able to work part time (20 hours) from February to May 2021
- Will be able to work remotely but must be near the Plano, TX office. This internship may be extended to summer and we may be in the office then.
- Must be authorized to work without visa (CPT) restrictions
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.