Inside Sales EngineerPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 08/29/2019
Job Title:Inside Sales Engineer
US, Texas, Plano
As an Inside Security Sales Engineer (ISE), you will work closely with inside sales support and account managers as a subject matter expert. You will be required to assist the sales teams in technical presentations, be the go to person for technical knowledge, customer demos and to help qualify the customer’s requirements and build a solution that address the customer’s needs. Positioning the Threat defense life-cycle, how it solves customer’s problems and how we differentiate from the competition will be a core requirement of this role. This role will be office based.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Participate in sales conference calls via Webex, providing product information and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how McAfee 's solutions can provide value to them.
- Be able to present “Threat Defense Lifecycle” and how this addresses the customers’ needs and outcomes.
- Provide exemplary technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations.
- Contribute in the writing of solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and fit for the intended purpose.
- Contribute to the a technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands on experience across McAfee products, solutions and sales proposition.
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports and information
- Be a team player, sharing best practices, providing feedback to product management and supporting the go to market initiatives of the company.
- Support customer beta activities and early adopter programs
- Provide technical escalation management within accounts
- Update and maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system
- Ability to lead, take ownership and successfully execute activities on time and to the desired outcomes
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches
- Ensure successful product evaluations
- Remote planning, manage and execute customer product pilot.
- Be a TEAM player
- Adhere to McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
- Education and/or industry certification in related disciplines in security information or Information technology, e.g. CCSP, CISSP, VMware Certified Associate, AWS certified, Azure Certification.
- Able to articulate and present the core sales proposition, demo several products and solutions propositions, solution sizing, keep abreast of the competitive landscape and be able to articulate our differentiation over the competition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
- Produces and shares intellectual property in the most productive manner for various audiences and customers.
- Effectively works with sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues.
- Looks to qualify and clearly articulate the customer needs and outcomes. Considers (hardware, software, solutions support and services), that can be combined together to deliver a compelling solution that meets or exceed the customer expectations.
- Takes responsibility of the problem statement, (customer, process, and solution), seeks the facts , works interactively with the support, sales, services and channel counterparts to feedback to Specialist and Enterprise Technology Specialist, etc. and makes logical recommendations to resolve the issue raised.
- Fosters inter-team communication and contributes to local team initiatives
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the accounts they are activity working on or aligned too.
- Keeps abreast of the local sales performance metrics
- Translates team goals into own work assignment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)