Intelligence Analyst - Advanced Threat ResearchPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 01/23/2020
Job Title:Intelligence Analyst - Advanced Threat Research
US, Texas, Plano
We are looking for a cyber-threat intelligence analyst who is passionate about tracking advanced threat campaigns and the research involved. You will coordinate our team of researchers and security engineers to drive technical requirements for new technology or to improve existing technology. You will be encouraged to write/blog/present about the research and investigations you work on.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
McAfee Advanced Threat Research (ATR) is looking for an experienced cyber-threat intelligence professional who is passionate about tracking advanced threat campaigns and the research involved.
By tracking, analyzing and reporting threat operations, you will conduct and coordinate research using internal/external sources to determine advisory capability and intent. Analyzed tactics, techniques and procedures need to be added to existing systems such as Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP). Your work will directly flow towards McAfee’s customers to provide them with crucial campaign intelligence.
- Use in-depth knowledge to identify and present actionable intelligence to team-members and senior leadership
- Experience working independently with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle change well and successfully collaborate in teams
- Strong written (English), oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven examples of conducting all-source intelligence: experience with threat intelligence tools
- Campaign tracking and malware analysis for intelligence content feed curation
- Knowledge of current/historical cyber threats
- Demonstrated experience with MISP
- Knowledge of STIX-TAXII-OpenIOC
- Experience conducting threat research focused on nation state, criminal, or other malicious activities
- Experience scripting using Python and data storage solutions such as Elastic Search
- Good experience with dynamic and static malware analysis
- Experience with IDA pro, OllyDBG, and other reversing tools
- Experience with Yara rules and threat hunting
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.