Internal Controls SeniorPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 09/18/2018
McAfee is seeking a motivated Internal Controls Senior Analyst at our Plano, TX offices. This position will report to the Director of Internal Controls. Working ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English and Spanish is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document both process and control activities via flowcharts, narratives, matrices, etc.
- Recommend improvements to internal control environment and efficiencies to existing processes
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of agreed-upon controls
- Audit and test controls to ensure that they are performed as required
- Design test plans and testing approaches based on risk analysis
- Lead control deficiency analysis and development of remediation plans (including root cause analysis)
- Drive standardization and optimization of control environment
- Prepare and present articulate internal control findings and recommendations to relevant levels of management.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with other internal functions including external audit
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other major business units throughout the organization
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards
- Understands effective control or mitigation options to manage specific risks; maintains composure when discussing control deficiencies or findings with customers.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be comfortable working in a remote team environment as well as able to work well independently
- Ability to prioritize and respond to problems or issues and maintain flexibility and adapt to changes in fast paced business environment.
- Adheres to a high standard of core values and ethics that align with the organization; maintains high integrity and trust.
- Ability to complete work assignments with minimal supervision and communicate information timely to management and peers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, or related field) required
- At least 5 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or similar work is required
- Knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act is required
- Understanding of the current COSO internal control framework
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Prior experience with ACL or other continuous auditing techniques a plus
- Working understanding of project planning and implementation, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities
- Working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese and Spanish is a plus
- CIA or working towards certification is a plus
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.