McAfee Americas Sales and Operations InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
AMERICAS CHANNEL SALES AND OPERATIONS TEAM:
The Americas Channel Sales and Operations team is seeking an intern to support key functions and initiatives within the channel organization. This role will give an intern the opportunity to support Channel Marketing, Channel Sales, and Channel Operations in a variety of daily activities and special projects. As the Americas Channel Sales and Operations Intern, this person will have high visibility throughout senior and executive management.
- Support the Enablement and Communications Manager in the planning, execution and closing of various industry events, including reseller training courses and conferences
- Track data for weekly reporting initiatives for the Channel Account Management Team
- Assist the Enablement and Communications Manager in writing and editing both internal and partner facing communications
- Manage the Americas Head of Channel Sales and Operations social media accounts via Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient in project management and multitasking
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills with the ability to create macros
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint Skills
- Positive attitude
- Self-aware and able to work with high-level executives
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pick up new skill sets quickly and efficiently
- Ability to thrive as an individual and as a team contributor
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
This is a fulltime, internship based in Plano, TX. The internship will start in May ’19 (if possible) and wrap up around December ‘19. You will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Mid-May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: December 2019 (Sept-December will be part-time)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or a related major
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year away from graduating at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your studies completed no later than August 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.