McAfee Channel Programs Finance InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 02/05/2019
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
McAfee has exciting Finance internship opportunities for undergraduate candidates. As a member of the Channel Intern team, you will have opportunities to analyze business issues, recommend solutions, demonstrate your analytical and problem-solving abilities and work with peers and business partners to influence business decisions that maximize company value. Your internship will culminate with a high visibility presentation to senior management and the McAfee Finance community.
Intern projects are unique to the specific business need, but responsibilities may include:
- Updating the Partner portal with relevant information
- Assisting with analysis of the upcoming value programs we are wanting to review and consider for next year.
- Assisting with updating our SKU table to prepare for inciting a value program
- Updating rebate portal reporting
- Creating reports for Platinum & Distribution participation
- Analyzing partners who earn rebates to see comparative data to total deal registrations and discounts
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 12-week assignment within a McAfee Finance team where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a controller-level mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization.
- Majoring in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be not more than one year away from graduating at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your studies completed no later than August 2020
- Strong written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to think of creative solutions to problems
- Demonstrated skills with analytical tools, Microsoft Excel at a minimum
- Academic or professional experience in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.