McAfee Cloud Operations InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 09/12/2019
Job Title:McAfee Cloud Operations Intern
US, Texas, Plano
The McAfee Core Cloud Services Team supports the design, development, operations and continuous improvement of our critical enterprise cloud platform solutions utilizing public, hybrid and private cloud architectures.
We support mission critical enterprise solutions that are central to McAfee's success and have a direct impact on the ability of our products to keep our customers secure. You will work with Engineers, DevOps teams and Program Managers to design and implement improvements and help create sustainable, repeatable processes and practices for the solutions we support across the enterprise. You will be expected to support the design, development, automation and improvement of McAfee cloud services deployed globally across multiple geographies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
The program is a 12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2020 – you should have your degree no later than August 2021
- Experience in DevOps, or software development
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Team City, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience automating deployment processes
- Knowledge of coding/scripting languages such as Python (preferred), Bash, Ansible etc.
- Exposure to Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience with automation using Python or ansible
- Ability to use open source technologies and cloud services
- Exposure to modern monitoring tools (Grafana, Cloudwatch, App Dynamics, Prometheus)
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, Cloudwatch, EKS, EBS ELB, ALB, S3, VPC, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Route53)
- Create, maintain, and execute CI/CD automation pipelines across public cloud environments.
- Participate in day-to-day Operational activities, including continuous integration deployments and sustaining change request execution.
- Enhance and extend our automation framework, system, and libraries
- Basic Networking concepts (SSL, Ports, DNS, Firewall, Routing)
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)