McAfee Technical Support InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 08/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Cyber Security Support Engineer at McAfee, you will be responsible for supporting our entire licensed customer base through a variety of mediums.
In this role, you will provide technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 10-12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific internships and roles will be assigned based upon your skillset
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Late May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019
- Majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your degree no later than August 2020
- Ability to think of creative solutions to problems and communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong communications skills
- Strategic thinker with a can-do and creative mindset
- Detail-oriented and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate to learn more about the cybersecurity and technology industry
- Experience in Networking / Troubleshooting in the following areas: Administering and troubleshooting Widows client/server operating systems (Win 7,8,10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012) by utilizing the command line interface, logs and services. Expertise to conduct fault isolation regarding diagnosing and remediating network connectivity issues
- In-Depth experience with Viruses, Malware and Anti-Virus applications, and experience with Linux and SQL would be a desirable but not required
- Understanding and applying active-listening
- Understanding and ability to ask open-ended/close-ended and probing questions
- Ability to teach complex topics
- Experience with one or more of Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS)
- A strong working knowledge of networking, as well as installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, protocols and client/server operations is required.
- Basic Administration/Maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Industry certifications in computing fields are not required but highly desirable (MCSE, Network +, Security +, etc.)
- At least two years of full time experience in customer care/customer support.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Strong personal organization skills
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.