McAfee Vulnerability Management InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 10/15/2019
Job Title:McAfee Vulnerability Management Intern
US, Texas, Plano
-The Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) works on challenging problems that require passion and conviction. As a Vulnerability Management Intern, you will use various security tooling to identify, classify and track remediation of vulnerabilities in our systems. You will interact with other teams to enable prioritization, escalation and remediation of vulnerabilities, as needed. You will use both automated scanners as manual penetration testing to assess the security posture of the environment. You will document policies, standards and processes related to Vulnerability Management, and keeps them current. You will keep track of remediation of vulnerabilities as they are handed off to the other teams.
Intern projects are unique to the specific business need, but responsibilities may include:
• Conduct vulnerability scans at the network, operating system, database, and application levels on both internal and external systems within this organizations enterprise
• Drive remediation by working with various teams
• Assist in generating asset inventory reports and identify discrepancies
• Help with Automating vulnerability scans
• Develop technical and non-technical solutions to help mitigate security risks
• Improve existing security process by automation and integration
• Deliver security metrics and improvement
• Document security guidance, process and related policy
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
The Internship is a 12-week assignment where you will undertake challenging projects designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset and interest.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Graduating within one year of the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship ends in August 2020 – you should have your degree no later than July 2020
- Experience with or knowledge of Java, C++, Python and agile software development
- Ability to think of creative solutions to problems and communicate effectively
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with or knowledge of at least one of the following topics:
- metrics to track value added by a team
- security software
- statistical analysis
- machine learning
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern