People Tools Analyst (HRIS)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 11/06/2019
Job Title:People Tools Analyst (HRIS)
US, Texas, Plano
The People Tools Analyst collaborates with multiple internal business partners within HR and throughout the business to understand business requirements, provide product and implementation expertise and to configure, test and deploy solutions that meet these requirements.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
This role is responsible for evaluating, analyzing, recommending, designing, testing, and maintaining People Tools and systems, using a solid understanding of the technological capabilities of these tools. The People Tools Analyst will be responsible for modifying existing systems to add value to the business processes and solutions, as well as researching and delivering proposals for additional systems and solutions to meet business needs. Expected business outcomes include data accuracy, flexibility, stability and growth in support of all Human Resources activities and initiatives, as needed, throughout the organization.
- Assist in ongoing design and configuration of Workday functionality
- Actively pursue innovative initiatives and improvements in current processes
- Gather/document business requirements
- Partner with IT in the design and delivery of integrations in Workday
- Configure changes in Workday based on business requirements
- Perform testing activities, document test scenarios
- Perform data conversion and data validation activities
- Manage implementation phase of projects
- Support internal/external integrations with Workday, including design, testing and troubleshooting
- Analyze and define business requirements to solve business problems
- Design solutions for People Tools system enhancement requests on Workday, and other HRIS integrated applications
- Manage requirements scope and escalate any issues as appropriate
- Partner with IT development to document complex business system requirements
- Research and analyze existing business processes and systems to formulate logical statements of business requirements
- Analyze and present trends in the area of HR technology.
- Proactively recommend technological solutions to meet business goals and initiatives.
- Understand the business requirements and illustrate how technology can be used to address business needs
- Design and work on system projects that have complex functionality
- Work on projects with a broad scope, involving multiple systems
- Lead the system development life cycle from design through implementation
- Your background includes functional use and/or configuration of WorkdayHCM Core and Recruiting, along with focus in one or more of the following Workday functional areas: Absence, Benefits, Talent, Performance Management, Compensation, Security
- You have used ServiceNow HR or similar case management tool
- You have worked in a global organization
- You have a strong understanding of the HR processes and procedures (i.e. recruiting, compensation, benefits, payroll, time tracking, etc.)
- Your strong desire to become an expert in the HR Systems field also drives your interest in advanced HR reporting including calculated fields
- You can manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting and sometimes conflicting priorities, while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- You possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training
- You have a strong willingness to assist other functions and teams as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- You work collaboratively, cooperatively and cross-functionally with internal customers as well as vendors
- You understand the project management life-cycle
- You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- You can handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity
- You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team
- You can demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt to learn new systems
- You can positively model the organization's commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.