Pre-Sales Engineer - Cloud (Partners)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 09/04/2019
Job Title:Pre-Sales Engineer - Cloud (Partners)
US, Texas, Plano
As a Channel Sales Engineer, your role is a critical and integral part of the Technical Channel enablement for the partners’ pre-sales organizations across our portfolio and key sales plays.
The Channel Sales Engineer also establishes and develops relationships with technical leaders in our channel partners to act as the point of escalation back into McAfee on product issues, Channel programs, and partner initiatives.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Build out, contribute and maintain classroom materials aligned to the core McAfee Pre-Sales organization.
- An instructor for the Presales Channel Enablement training.
- Raise the Technical acumen in the internal McAfee Channel Department through trainings and newsletters.
- Keep abreast of Channel sales activities.
- Presenter at Channel events on security trends, propositions, solutions and products.
- Lead partner round tables on industry security and how McAfee propositions are best placed to solve the emerging threats and deliver business outcomes.
- Provide Technical expertise across multiple products and solution demonstrations
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports
- Participate in Channel sales planning, strategy and initiatives that create pipeline, upsell the account and drive competitive displacements.
- Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within your target Channel accounts including building a trusted relationship, contributing to business development activities
- Be a team player, sharing best practices with your peers, aligned account managers and provide feedback to product management and supporting the go to market initiatives of the company.
- Support Channel Partner beta activities and early adopter programs
- Update and maintain the technical activities within Salesforce system
- Ability to lead, take ownership and successfully execute activities on time and to the desired outcomes
- Adhere to McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
You have education and/or certifications in the area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information or Information technology including one or more of the following: CISSP, CCNA, CISM / CRISC CCSK.
Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge; VMware Certified Professional; VMware Certified Associate -- Cloud, VMware Certified Professional -- Cloud, and VMware Certified Advanced Professional
- Working for System Integrator or within Channel Presale highly desired
- 5+ years’ experience in architecting, designing, managing security solutions is preferred with expert in one or more of the following disciplines: Endpoint Security, Network Security, Forensic Analysis, Data Loss Prevention, Security Management, CASB, Cloud Service Provider
- Network skills across intrusion prevention systems, Perimeter & Gateway Security solutions or network security management
- Experience on SOC Operations will be an added advantage.
- Security expert in Cloud & Data Center protection will be strongly valued
Able to articulate and present the core sales propositions demo the product, outline the architecture, solution sizing, keep abreast of the competitive landscape and be able to articulate our differentiators over the competition;
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to present in ad-hoc circumstances. Produces and shares intellectual property in the most productive manner for various audiences and Channel Partners. Effectively works with Sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major Channel Partner issues
Looks to qualify and clearly articulate the Channel Partner needs and outcomes. Considers (hardware, software, solutions support and services), that can be combined together to deliver a compelling solution that meets or exceed the Channel Partner expectations; Experience working with SIs and channel partners
Takes responsibility of the problem statement, (Channel Partner, process, and solution), seeks the facts, and works interactively with the Support, Sales, Services, and Technical Directors and Channel counterparts to resolve issues in a timely manor
Influence expands to local Sales teams and peers, fosters inter-team communication; Takes ownership and responsibility for the Channel Partners they are activity working on or aligned too; Keeps abreast of the local sales performance metrics and participates in account planning activities; Translates team goals into own work assignment; Contributes to local team initiatives; Self-starter who is pro-active, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)