Pre-Sales Engineer (Partners)Primary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations US, Virginia, Fairfax Date posted 07/02/2019
Title: Channel Sales Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
At McAfee, we are relentless in protecting our customers: we believe safe never sleeps. In doing so, we are leading the transition from the era of point security products to integrated security systems. As we automate the Threat Defense Lifecycle, we lead the industry in delivering better security outcomes to customers: address more threats, faster, and with fewer resources. We work to achieve that automation for enterprise customers by:
- Focusing on the endpoint and cloud as key control points
- Analyzing that telemetry to detect advanced threats
- Automating the management and remediation processes
- Working with technology partners throughout the industry
About the Role:
- Build out, contribute and maintain classroom materials aligned to the core McAfee Pre-Sales organization.
- An instructor for the Presales Channel Enablement training.
- Raise the Technical acumen in the internal McAfee Channel Department through trainings and newsletters.
- Keep abreast of Channel sales activities.
- Presenter at Channel events on security trends, propositions, solutions and products.
- Lead partner round tables on industry security and how McAfee propositions are best placed to solve the emerging threats and deliver business outcomes.
- Provide Technical expertise across multiple products and solution demonstrations
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports
- Participate in Channel sales planning, strategy and initiatives that create pipeline, upsell the account and drive competitive displacements.
- Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within your target Channel accounts including building a trusted relationship, contributing to business development activities
- Be a team player, sharing best practices with your peers, aligned account managers and provide feedback to product management and supporting the go to market initiatives of the company.
- Support Channel Partner beta activities and early adopter programs
- Update and maintain the technical activities within Salesforce system
- Ability to lead, take ownership and successfully execute activities on time and to the desired outcomes
- Adhere to McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information or Information technology including one or more of the following: CISSP, CCNA, CISM / CRISC CCSK.
Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge; VMware Certified Professional; VMware Certified Associate -- Cloud, VMware Certified Professional -- Cloud, and VMware Certified Advanced Professional
- Working for System Integrator or within Channel Presale highly desired
- 5+ years’ experience in architecting, designing, managing security solutions is preferred with expert in one or more of the following disciplines: Endpoint Security, Network Security, Forensic Analysis, Data Loss Prevention, Security Management, CASB, Cloud Service Provider
- Network skills across intrusion prevention systems, Perimeter & Gateway Security solutions or network security management
- Experience on SOC Operations will be an added advantage.
- Security expert in Cloud & Data Center protection will be strongly valued
Able to articulate and present the core sales propositions demo the product, outline the architecture, solution sizing, keep abreast of the competitive landscape and be able to articulate our differentiators over the competition;
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to present in ad-hoc circumstances. Produces and shares intellectual property in the most productive manner for various audiences and Channel Partners. Effectively works with Sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major Channel Partner issues
Looks to qualify and clearly articulate the Channel Partner needs and outcomes. Considers (hardware, software, solutions support and services), that can be combined together to deliver a compelling solution that meets or exceed the Channel Partner expectations; Experience working with SIs and channel partners
Takes responsibility of the problem statement, (Channel Partner, process, and solution), seeks the facts, and works interactively with the Support, Sales, Services, and Technical Directors and Channel counterparts to resolve issues in a timely manor
Influence expands to local Sales teams and peers, fosters inter-team communication; Takes ownership and responsibility for the Channel Partners they are activity working on or aligned too; Keeps abreast of the local sales performance metrics and participates in account planning activities; Translates team goals into own work assignment; Contributes to local team initiatives; Self-starter who is pro-active, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Sales Engineer Sales, Sales Engineer Plano, Texas
- McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based Opportunity Sales Santa Clara, California, Houston, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Florida, Massachusetts, , Los Angeles, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, Irvine, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Fairfax, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Stamford, Connecticut, Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Columbia, South Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, New York, New York, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Nashua, New Hampshire, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, New Jersey
- McAfee Federal Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect – Remote Based Sales, Sales Engineer Rockville, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Houston, Texas, New York, New York, Detroit, Michigan, Boston, Massachusetts, Florida, New Jersey, Raleigh, North Carolina, Omaha, Nebraska, Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, Fairfax, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Overland Park, Kansas, St Louis, Missouri, Austin, Texas, Columbia, South Carolina, Indianapolis, Indiana, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Newport News, Virginia, Columbia, Maryland, Richmond, Virginia, Chicago, Illinois, Baltimore, Maryland, Washington D.C., District of Columbia