Pre-Sales Operations/Engineer InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 11/16/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY (PRE-SALES OPERATIONS) TEAM:
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the Pre-Sales organization is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the Software Security Market. With that tremendous growth, we are looking for the right individuals to support and guide the Pre-Sales organization from an operational perspective. The opportunity before us will need the very best professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure the customer experience is outstanding.
- Identify project milestones & goals, and manage the project deliverables to ensure timely delivery
- Contribute towards the achievement of group’s strategic objectives including process improvement and better user experience designs
- Understand customers’ needs and the and customer environment
- Gather and refine design specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Take responsibility for stakeholder management, including coordination of departmental or cross-functional/cross-organizational teams as well as communication within the organization, outward to other internal groups and external customers
- Define and manage projects, driving closure on issues and gaps as well as maintain focus on continuous improvement
- Analyze and consolidate data points from different areas to create Reports/ Dashboards
- Understand the software legal compliance process, how to apply it and ensure that legal risks to McAfee are mitigated
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SharePoint, O365, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Power BI
- Strong Technical and Communication skills
- Data Analytics Skills with experience on BI tools
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
This is a fulltime, internship based in Plano, TX. The internship will start in May ’19 (if possible) and wrap up around Mid-August. You will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Mid-May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019 (dates are somewhat flexible)
- Majoring in Computer Science, IT Management or Computer/Software Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year away from graduating at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your studies completed no later than August 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.