Product Analyst InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 12/17/2019
Job Title:Product Analyst Intern
US, Texas, Plano
The Product Analyst Intern will be assigning the Product Managers in evaluation the planning of the market place, reviewing the latest trends and make recommendations on improving competitiveness. The intern will also be creating business used cases for the product managers for product road maps. The internship will start May 26th 2020 and end August 14th 2020 and based in Plano, TX.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
The Product Analyst Intern will be working in the Consumer Products business unit and will be reporting to a Senior Product Manager in the Plano, TX office. This team members are based in Plano, TX, Santa Clara, CA, India with 6 product team members located in Plano, TX. The Consumer Products team reviews the McAfee Security mobile apps data, conduct data visualization to understand trends and create data reports summarizing these trends to our c-level executives. In this role, the Product Manager will have ideas and concepts of a road map and will assign specific tasks to the intern.
The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the product team to learn about Product Strategy and Product Positioning
- Evaluating the company products and compare them against industry trends.
- Researching market competitiveness
- Collecting the survey data, evaluating the data and summarizing the trends and opportunities to improve
- Reporting and presenting data summarized to the product manager and team regularly
- Assisting with product and rating reviews
- Analyzing metrics to continually improve company products
- Assisting the company in achieving short and long-term goals relating to product growth.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree program related to Information Systems, Business Analyst, Computer, Mathematics or related
- Graduating AFTER August 2020
- Taken/taking classes in business analysis, market research, business cases, business intelligence or related
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to be able to calculate and summarize data
- Working knowledge of mobile app platforms (iOS or android) from class projects
- Ability to create Business Cases and understands how to do Competitive Analysis and Market/Product Research
- Strong presentation skills to report about data summaries to members of the team regularly
- Passionate about networking, being resourceful and being able to gather data from team members, possibly globally.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are highly preferred
- Authorized to work in the US without restrictions now or in the future
- Be able to commute to our Plano, TX office. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern