Program ManagerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 05/03/2021
Job Title:Program Manager
Role Overview:The Program Manager role is a great fit for an individual excited to work with multiple teams on building great products and delivering great customer experiences. You will focus on products and technologies in the Consumer Cloud group and important external partnerships.The Program Manager will work with a variety of teams and organizations within and outside of McAfee and work with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing leaders across the Consumer Products organization on all Components/Projects/Program assigned. Engage with legal and financial resources within the organization to support the planning and release of new/updated products. Work with senior staff/ experts across organizations on an area of project or program management. You will report to Senior Manager - Program Management.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Lead diverse programs, coordinating the activities of multiple teams across multiple locations to develop program plans and to achieve business outcomes.
- Anticipate and manage change control for the decision-making process in assigned projects/programs and participate in change control process for interconnected programs.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Product Solutions, and Program Management teams to implement best practices on SDLC, optimize processes, increase operational efficiency, while setting measuring, and tracking KPIs
- Be actively involved with development of internal & external presentations to sell ideas & report on progress. Efforts can include topic ideation and research; script development; and PowerPoint slides with notes
- Provide program status communication and reporting to all levels of management, simplifying difficult or complex concepts to ensure common understanding across all stakeholders
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships across the BU, including VP’s direct reports, key cross-functional leaders, and employees at all levels
- Have experience with taking mobile products to market in the Android and iOS ecosystems, cloud integration using big data, knowledge of routers and mobile integrations
- Successful track record managing projects for product development and delivery to market.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people across multiple geographic locations and supporting teams that are not local to you.
- Operating in ambiguity - can hold multiple, conflicting “truths” at once, and not get perturbed by lack of clear direction
- Experience determining the approach to programs and developing solutions that are practical and consistent with PMO governance and the functional or customer goals.
- You build new networks across functional boundaries.
- You are an evangelist for the PMO and the Program Management role.
- You have a working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Methodologies.
- Collaborate at all levels within the organization, customers (internal & external) and outside suppliers on a program or process.
- Expertise working with standard Project Management tools, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA, and Confluence.
- You have or are striving to obtain a Project Management Professional(PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), or Change Management Practitioner certification
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.