Project/Program ManagerPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 01/02/2019
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability. Amazing organizations don't just happen. Vision, strategy and innovation come to life through exquisite execution. Help create the future of McAfee, where our diverse talent and culture provide the competitive advantage to help McAfee win big!
McAfee is seeking a Project/Program Manager to successfully drive delivery of technical projects as part of the Security Program Management team in the Office of the CISO. This Project/Program Manager will contribute towards the vision of delivering against the Information Security organization’s roadmap of Product Delivery, Security Operations, Security Engineering, and Risk & Compliance programs.
As a Project/Program Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Utilize project management fundamentals to drive successful delivery of program objectives
- Own project/program lifecycle of technical product, security, network, and IT projects
- Facilitate the translation of business requirements into project requirements; define project goals, scope, approach, and overall task plan including critical path tasks
- Drive project/program execution leveraging deliverables including; scoping and commitment plans, implementation plans, project schedules, project budget reporting and variances, issues & action management plans, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingency plans
- Monitor and provide awareness of all milestones and deliverables for all phases on a routine basis, driving teams to deliver on schedule
- Establish, facilitate and document project meetings with project participants and stakeholders to drive initiatives forward
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions and plans of action to remediate and drive successful delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Leverage technical implementation experience and lead in a team environment to manage and deliver multiple medium to large IS projects concurrently
- Monitors project status and effectively communicates project expectations and status to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner
- Able to quickly and accurately communicate risks and issues through status reports, email, project review meetings and one on one discussions with IS leadership.
- Execute a plan to bring a project to a successful conclusion or determine the project cannot meet its intended goals and recommend appropriate next steps
- Establish effective relationships and influence within IS and respective line of business
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Program and/or Project management in a technology environment with multi-site and cross functional teams
- A BA or BS degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- PMP or PgMP certification preferred
- Technical and/or Security certifications - Microsoft, ISACA, (ISC)2, CompTIA Certifications highly desired
- Practical knowledge and hands on experience with both agile and non-agile project methodologies with an implementation and delivery focus
- Magnificent communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with technical and non-technical groups, including executives, managers, business and technical staff
- The ability to build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the Information Security organization
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.