Sales Analytics Lead (Sales Operations)Primary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 06/19/2019
Job Title: Sales Analytics Lead
Location: Plano, TX
At McAfee, we are relentless in protecting our customers: we believe safe never sleeps. In doing so, we are leading the transition from the era of point security products to integrated security systems. As we automate the Threat Defense Lifecycle, we lead the industry in delivering better security outcomes to customers: address more threats, faster, and with fewer resources. We work to achieve that automation for enterprise customers by:
- Focusing on the endpoint and cloud as key control points
- Analyzing that telemetry to detect advanced threats
- Automating the management and remediation processes
- Working with technology partners throughout the industry
About the job:
- Ninja like analysis: know what questions to ask, how to create the dataset (SQL, excel, R), what the data says, and what actions to recommend based on the results
- Story teller: ability to make a pitch on the facts, alternatives to solve, and recommended solution to C-suite to drive improvement in Sales Productivity and Growth
- Manages the sales process and back-office, acts as the communication conduit between the Customer, Sales and the Factory to optimize revenue and achieve mutual objectives.
- Responsible for the overall analytics (cross- sell / up-sell analytics, churn analytics, reporting) of sales performance
- Projects include evaluation of sales goals, sales performance as well as preparing sales forecasts
- Collaborates with other company departments, such as product operations / IT to maintain organization-wide data standards
- Create executive-level presentations and present sales analytical findings
- Drives the development of analytic sales plans supporting sales channel leadership
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
- Forecasts demand, gathers and analyzes information to determine product allocation, quotas, channel / dealer inventory
- Manages the business to maximize revenue through supply commitments, channel inventory management, pricing strategies, customer presentations, and marketing program support.
- Typically prepares and monitors the sales department budget.
- Manages the customer's demands and the company's supply.
- Forecasts revenue dollar commitments to the corporation.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Good analytical skills and ability to gain insights from sales data
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Excel, R and SQL; familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS)
- Prefer 2 or more years of experience in financial IT and/or operational analysis
- Working experience in software, data mining, business analytics or similar is also preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree equivalent with concentration in sales/data analysis, statistics, finance, business or similar discipline
- Preferred education: Master’s degree equivalent with a concentration in sales/data analysis, statistics, finance, business or similar discipline
Company Perks & Benefits:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.