Sales Strategy and Planning Intern (Data Analytics)Primary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 12/01/2020
Job Title:Sales Strategy and Planning Intern (Data Analytics)
US, Texas, Plano
The Sales Strategy and Planning Intern will gain experience by analyzing, developing Go to market strategy and collaborating across the globe with Regional Sales and Sales Ops Leadership to identify business challenges and opportunity for growth. As an intern, you will help innovate Go-To-Market Strategy for the next generation of Cyber Security Software company. This paid internship is based in Plano, TX and is from May 26th to August 14th, 2021, full time in the summer.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
The Strategy and Planning Intern will be analyzing sales data by Product, Geography, and time etc. to identify key insights and make recommendation to drive growth, improve operational and financial efficiencies, and track performance. You will have the opportunity to deliver impact by working on high priority management initiatives that are substantially transformative and “push the envelope” on sales models and programs to extend McAfee’s market leadership position. The assignment will require structure, consolidate, build reports, and analyze large set of data. There may also be opportunities to present to senior leaders within the organization.
- Network with McAfee employees in the US and in India to gather data
- Learn to use Salesforce and Qlik to gather data
- Combine the data from different sources
- Using quantitative analysis skills to calculate the trends and insights of the data using MS Excel
- Analyzing qualitative data to uncover trending issues and presenting findings with recommendations
- Create in-depth reports explaining large data sets
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in Business Analytics or related.
- Graduating between December 2021 and May 2022
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and data analysis summaries
- Classes in quantitative analysis highly preferred
- Classes in Finance, Math and Statistics preferred
- Ability to build dashboards are preferred
- Strong analytical and strategic aptitude
- Energetic, self-starter and problem solver
- Comfortable with networking with different corporate levels at a global scale.
- Confident in presenting data to multiple corporate levels
- An attention to detail, a commitment to quality, results-driven and customer focused
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restrictions (any visa) now or in the future
- Able to commute to the Plano, TX office. Relocation Assistance is not provided. (we might be in the office then)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern