Senior Legal Counsel, TransactionPrimary Location US, Texas, Plano Date posted 11/23/2021
Role Overview:Senior contracts specialist to support commercial and product teams
Role Overview: Hiring Manager to Provide Position Details, What the Team Does, who it reports to, what makes the position of Interest!
We are looking for someone to join the North America commercial legal team. We support the sales and marketing functions on contracts and e-commerce activities. You will be primarily responsible for negotiating and advising on consumer software distribution agreements, working closely with the sales, finance and other functions. You will report to the Group General Counsel for Product and Revenue.
About the Role: To Be Complete By the Hiring Manager
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, to service the B2C and B2B sectors including software licensing, software distribution, e-commerce, and other complex technology and services transactions
- Strong soft IP skills in the areas of branding, licensing and services
- Collaborate with various McAfee departments to identify legal issues and assist the business in achieving its goals/objectives in a legally compliant and ethical manner
- Identify and address commercial, financial, legal and operational issues on complex matters and provide practical solution-oriented advice
- Proactively identify legal and regulatory trends
- Build relationships with business through open and collaborative style
- Communicate clearly and effectively both internally and with customers and partners
- Interact with company executives to explain risks associated with business decisions
- Interface with various groups within McAfee to understand key IP, commercial and finance requirements and ensure commercial contract terms comply with corporate directives, policies and procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and builds strong relationships
- Act as a fiduciary for the company driving compliance in day-to-day commercial activities, including providing training and counselling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the McAfee Legal Department on compliance matters
- Develop a thorough understanding of McAfee’s business, strategies, external commercial marketplace and regulatory environment
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk
- Proficient in privacy, IT security, cloud and software related industry issues
About You: To Be Complete by the Hiring Manager
- You are a mid-to-senior level attorney with a broad range of commercial experience.
- You are used to working independently and can perform working in a fully remote role
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build strong relationships with internal clients
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.