Senior Product Manager – Next Gen ProductsPrimary Location US, Texas, Plano Additional Location(s) US, California, Santa Clara; Canada, Waterloo Date posted 04/27/2021
Job Title:Senior Product Manager – Next Gen Products
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for an experienced product leader to setup and lead the new product capability innovation pipeline. You will be responsible for running new concepts through our innovation pipeline and help take concepts from ideation through validation and building proof-of-concepts to test with customers. You will explore new ways to test new capabilities and bring new products to market to millions of McAfee customers.
In this role, you will oversee the innovation pipeline that starts with the long-term product strategy, determine which capabilities will be prioritized and test and build the next innovation of next-generation products. You will both advise, do and bringing the organization along for the ride.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals. You bring a deep customer-backed approach, have experience in rapid experimentation and growth-hacking and have a deep technical background of building services that are global-ready.
If you have a passion to define the future of personal protection and security that likes to understand the high-strategic view and also roll your sleeves up and get into making it a reality this role is for you.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Work closely with the product leadership team and product marketing and engineering to set a clear strategy for product innovation to support 3-year vision
- Lead the ideation and prioritization process to source and develop concepts to be validated rapidly through qualitative and quantitative research
- Work closely with research and define clear rapid learning plans validate each concept every step of the way with customers
- Test new concepts with customers by working with design, engineering, and marketing via various forms (low-fidelity wireframes, prototyping, dry testing, and in-market product testing).
- Build a rapid foundation to bring and test new innovation with McAfee’s current product suite – including desktop, mobile, and web experiences.
- Understand the competitive landscape and clearly articulate how our new products drive durable competitive advantage against our competition.
- Work as a super-connector throughout the organization to evangelize our vision and how new concepts fit into that vision and participate in sales conversations to pitch new concepts.
- 10+ years in product management with high proficiency in agile development methods. Experience across more than one product preferred.
- A learning mindset, curious, bold, self-aware, and humble
- Take a customer-first approach before technology – relentless focus on customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex initiatives, and to drive results through influence, persuasion, and relationships
- Experience in building new products and backend services
- Ability to translate research data and insights into clear frameworks, actionable recommendations and put them into clear next steps
- Experience in building business cases, trade-offs, and prioritization based on short and long-term goals
- Exceptional ability and comfort to co-create and work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders and teams
- Take a data-driven approach in defining success metrics, writing and prioritizing requirements, providing guidance, and communicating plans, progress, and success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to adapt style and content to suit executives, business partners, and team members
- 2-3 years of either consulting experience or product growth hacking experience a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.