Senior Program ManagerPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 10/09/2018
The Customer Success Group is currently sourcing a Program Manager that will be responsible for planning, managing, and overseeing large scale, cross functional programs and their projects. This role is a key leadership position to ensure critical stakeholder management, executive communications, and management of risks and issues to achieve desired business outcomes. The Program Manager will be instrumental in defining program structures, building teams, coaching PMs and ensuring projects are managed to proper standards and governance. The position will support operational excellence using a thorough transition process and establishment of continuous improvement discipline.
- Assists Business Owners and Executive Sponsors with the initiation and preparation for starting all projects within the program.
- Facilitates resource assignments to all projects as needed and acts an escalation point for any related staffing issues.
- Coordinates all interrelated project objectives, tasks, deliverables and milestones with the project managers.
- Identifies commonalities and conflicts among projects within the program. Provides overall guidance on utilization of project management tools and templates based on project requirements.
- Manages tasks, deliverables and milestones according to the project schedule.
- Develops Project related materials including:
- Project Scope Statement
- Project Schedule
- Meeting Agendas
- Status Reports
- Risk Mitigation/Contingency Plans
- Issue Action Plans
- Identifies Risks, Issues, Decisions and escalates as appropriate
- Performs Action item follow-up
- Monitors overall progress of the project and ensures sponsors and owners are promptly informed of significant project events.
- Makes decisions on project status changes and ensures sponsors and owners are properly notified.
- Provides timely updates on project status via scorecard reporting.
- Provides project-related advice and guidance to project team members.
- Acts with adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- College degree required, MBA preferred
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience in IT or Professional Services
- Demonstrated operational excellence in leading large, complex projects, across regions
- Attention to detail and effective problem solving to deliver project success
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- Self-driven; able to act with minimal supervision
- Experience in partnering with or supporting senior level executive(s) or broad business divisions
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.